Thursday, March 29, 2007

Fields of Industry - Live on WCBN - 3/28/2007


I meant to give the Swim Club a heads up about this, but I totally forgot. Fields of Industry played live on WCBN's Local Music Show last night, and you all could have listened in online if I had told you about it. So, I'm sorry.

BUT, I did get a recording of it. After a little work this afternoon, you can now download the audio from last night at the following links.

We went to a five-piece line-up last night, with Sarah playing (a really cool) modified Casio and Kevin (who played in an earlier incarnation of the band) on a full drum kit. That's right, cymbals.

Off-air Intro (a warm-up, if you will)
Toybox
I've Seen a Light
Point of Contention
Fiction Writer
I'm Not Afraid of a Fight - featuring a real live out-of-tune piano.
Amen (Spacemen 3)

4 comments:

MaryJane said...

it sounds good- definitely download it.

Dax de la Monta said...

Fuck yeah! Except I had a problem downloading "Amen" -- it just opens within the browser, not allowing me to save it to my computer. Had the same problem earlier with "Irwin's Flight from Bondage".

Any suggestions? Is there any way I could get ahold of those?

J.P.B. said...

Both of those songs were too long for Google's Page Creator -- it wouldn't allow me to upload them. So, I had to upload them to my UM IFS space. I don't know why the download prompt from your browser doesn't work the same for both of those domains.

But, if you right click on it (ctrl click on a Mac) and choose to Save Target As... (or whatever the Mac equivalent is), you can select where to save it and it should download accordingly.

Let me know if you still have problems and I will email it to you.

Graham said...

Really liking that full drum kit. Wish I was there so bad...